Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission Deadline: August 9th, 2018
Acceptance/Rejection Notification: August 16th, 2018
Abstracts sent by fax or post will not be admitted
The Committees of the event cordially invite participants involved in Immunonutrition and related research areas to submit abstracts either for oral presentation or for poster presentation.
Please bear in mind that if accepted by the committee, your abstract may be published provided at least one of its authors is registered to the conference by August 31st. Therefore, it is essential to pay attention to correct spelling and punctuation, and to make sure all details are entered respecting the guidelines regarding format and style.
Titles: In sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
Authors: without titles or degrees, one forename must be given in full, in sentence case (not in capital or lower case only)
Affiliation: Name and address of department(s) and institution(s) to which the work should be attributed. In sentence case (not in capital or lower letters case only)
A. GENERAL RULES
- The Committee only accepts original abstracts that have not been published in any national or international journal or presented at other events, scientific meetings, national or international conferences.
- The abstracts will be submitted electronically through the official event website and reviewed anonymously by the Scientific Committee in a double blind review. We recommend that you carefully follow the instructions, since only those that fully comply with the abstract submission guidelines will be considered.
- Abstracts that verse about intentions for future works or that constitute mere opinions of the authors will not be admitted.
- The final decision regarding the presentation modality (oral or poster presentation) is reserved for the Scientific Committee to make.
- The number of abstracts presented by an author who is registered to the event is limited to 2.
- The number of authors per abstract, including the main author or presenter, is limited to 6.
- No changes on the abstract will be permitted after August 9th, 2018.
- At least one of the authors (including the main author) must be registered to the event by August 31st, 2018. Otherwise, the abstract will not be evaluated.
- Acceptance or rejection will be notified to the authors by e-mail as of August 16th, 2018. Subsequently, the main author will be informed about the day and time of the presentation. The presentation guidelines and further details will be provided either by email or by publication on the event website
- The result of the abstracts evaluations by the Scientific Committee shall be unappealable. The Organization will reject those abstracts that do not conform to the standards set forth.
- All notifications will be made via web / e-mail, thus it is essential to clearly indicate a correctly written email address and contact number of the person who is going to present the abstract.
- Abstracts will only be admitted if written in English.
- The submission of the abstract presupposes the full acceptance of these criteria, abstract content and format, as well as the authorization for publication in a journal, abstract book or on the event website.
B. ABSTRACT FORMAT AND CONTENT
- The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
- Authors' names should be given without titles or degrees and one forename must be given in full.
- Name and address of department(s) and institution(s) to which the work should be attributed.
- Mailing address, email address, telephone and fax numbers of the author responsible for correspondence about the manuscript.
TITLE: concise, 15 words maximum in sentence case (not in capital or lower case letters only). Please don’t use abbreviations. The title of the abstract should reflect the content, and may therefore differ slightly from the title of the oral presentation.
The following aspects must be included:
- Financial Support
- Conflict of Interest
- Keywords: 5 keywords maximum.
Each abstract must begin with a carefully prepared, accurate, informative abstract, in one paragraph, that is complete in itself and intelligible. The abstract should start with the objective / aim of the review abstract, followed by the key findings and ending in clear conclusion. It should not exceed 250 words.
You may have previously been invited to submit a speaker abstract for your presentations – please be aware that your manuscript abstract can, and may need to, be different from the manuscript abstract to reflect the scope and content of the abstract.
Here you may acknowledge individuals or organisations that provided advice and/or support (non-financial). Formal financial support and funding should be listed in the following section.
Please provide details of the sources of financial support for all authors, including grant numbers. For example, "This work was supported by the Medical research Council (grant number XXXXXXX)". Multiple grant numbers should be separated by a comma and space, and where research was funded by more than one agency the different agencies should be separated by a semi-colon, with "and" before the final funder. Grants held by different authors should be identified as belonging to individual authors by the authors' initials. For example, "This work was supported by the Wellcome Trust (A.B., grant numbers XXXX, YYYY), (C.D., grant number ZZZZ); the Natural Environment Research Council (E.F., grant number FFFF); and the National Institutes of Health (A.B., grant number GGGG), (E.F., grant number HHHH)".
This disclosure is particularly important in the case of authors or research supported by industry, including not only direct financial support for the study but also support in kind such as provision of medications, equipment, kits or reagents without charge or at reduced cost and provision of services such as statistical analysis. All such support should be disclosed here and if no such support was received this must be stated.
Where no specific funding has been provided for research, please provide the following statement: "This research received no specific grant from any funding agency, commercial or not-for-profit sectors."
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of interest exists when an author has interests that might inappropriately influence his or her judgement, even if that judgement is not influenced. Because of this, authors must disclose potentially conflicting interests so that others can make judgements about such effects. Please provide details of all known financial and non-financial (professional and personal) relationships with the potential to bias the work. Where no known conflicts of interest exist, please include the following statement: "None."
For more information on what constitutes a conflict of interest, please see the ICMJE guidelines.
Please provide a very brief description of the contribution of each author to the research. Their roles in formulating the research question(s), designing the study, carrying it out, analysing the data and writing the article should be made plain.
References should be presented in the Vancouver style. Within the text, citations should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they first appear in the text using superscript Arabic numerals in parentheses. If a reference is cited more than once the same number should be used each time. The references should be listed in numerical order at the end of the text. The name of the journal should be abbreviated (see For a detailed description of the correct form of references, please see the Directions to Contributors for the Proceedings of the Nutrition Society on the web site at http://www.nutritionsociety.org/publications/nutritionsocietyjournals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/.
- Standardized abbreviations shall be used. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used, they shall appear in brackets after each complete term the first time they are used.
- Review carefully the work before submission. No changes can be made after the submission deadline (neither on the abstract itself, nor on the authors’ names, their order or else).
C. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
All abstracts shall be submitted through the online form within the Scientific Area on the following website, according to the above-mentioned criteria: www.immunonutrition-isin.org/symposium2018
If you encounter any difficulties during the submission process or for further information regarding abstract submission via website, please contact the Technical Secretariat by e-mail indicating in the subject: XI ISIN Conference on Immunonutrition London 2018.
IMPORTANT: Once you have sent your abstract via website, check that you have received a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive any confirmation, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
D. PRESENTATION FORMAT
Time for presentation: 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes for comments and discussion.
Presentation: Windows PowerPoint Projection. The use of the official templates for oral presentations is mandatory. It can be downloaded from the Scientific Area on the Event Website.
Material: USB Memory Stick. The presentation must be submitted to the designated area (which shall be detailed in the Event Program) at least 2 hours before the presentation. The use of personal notebooks for the presentation is not permitted.
Presentation time: 5 minutes, plus 2 minutes for comments and discussion.
Once the poster has been accepted by the Scientific Committee, the poster template will be available for download on the event website. Further information will be provided to the main author.
E. THEMATIC AREAS
- Molecular and cellular roles of nutrients in the immune system
- Nutrition and inflammation
- Micronutrients and immunity
- Fats, immunity and inflammation
- Phytochemicals, immunity and inflammation
- Nutrition and infectious disease
- Microbiota and immune health
- Obesity, immunity and inflammation
- Nutrition and immunosenescence
- Nutrition and immune development
• Best Oral Abstract Presentation
• Second Prize Oral Abstract Presentation
• Best Poster Presentation
• Second Prize Poster Presentation
The decision on the awarded abstracts will be announced during the closing ceremony, therefore we kindly suggest to attend the event.
Note: The awards or any of their categories may be declared void in the case the Scientific Committee deems it appropriate.